Uploading a quiz on Balance Sheet with multiple choice questions below

Uploading a quiz on Balance Sheet with multiple choice questions below

by Surya Kiran -
Number of replies: 6

Hi i want to upload a Quiz with a Balance Sheet on top of the quiz page,students should see the balance sheet and also will have the multiple choice questions based on the balance sheet and then student able to answer the multiple choices.

Expecting your respone as soon as possible please.

Regards

Surya Kiran.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Surya Kiran

Re: Uploading a quiz on Balance Sheet with multiple choice questions below

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You can put your balance sheet inside a Description question.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Edward Stone -
Is there a way to keep the Description question at the top, is shuffle questions is used?
In reply to Edward Stone

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Edward:

Is there a way to keep the Description question at the top, if shuffle questions is used?

I'm afraid not.
In reply to Edward Stone

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If all your questions come from the same category in the question bank (or if you can arrange for that to be the case) you can do what you want by using the random question feature.

Suppose you have a category called 'Questions for My Quiz' that has the 5 questions you wish to use.

Then, make you quiz by first adding the Description item. Then add 5 random questions from category 'Questions for My Quiz'.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
An excellent workaround, Tim. It even works for a quiz with several pages and a "description" question sitting at the top of each page.approve
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Dave Murray -

Hi Tim and all, I have to agree with Joseph about the workaround although I might have gone for the word awesome. This really helps with something that I had just about given up on.

I recently also tested out the using subcategories for each question containg three different versions of the same question in each --- then including a random question from each subcategory and shuffling the questions. This was really useful in stimulating discussion while using the quiz for autonomous study purposes.

Is there any workaround for keeping a description on top when using questions taken randomly from within question subcategories which are then shuffled?
I had also just about given up on this one too.

Regards,

Dave Murray