Error in latest CVS?

Error in latest CVS?

by Tim Allen -
Number of replies: 7

I just upgraded to the latest CVS for "1.4.2 nearly ". 

Now whenever I click on the settings link within a course, as an admin, I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parameter() in /var/www/html/myclass/course/edit.php on line 8   sad

Unless someone tells me that this is some oversight or idiosyncracy on my part, I will add this to the bigtracker in the next hour...thoughtful

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Allen

Re: Error in latest CVS?

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It is a bug, the files will be updated soon. Sorry for the problems.

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Tim Allen -
No problem, thanks a lot for the feedback Petr.  smile 
In reply to Tim Allen

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If you want to fix it, edit file course/edit.php
change:
    $id       = (int)parameter('id', 0);         // course id
    $category = (int)parameter('category', 0);   // possible default category

to:
    $id       = (int)optional_param('id', 0);         // course id
    $category = (int)optional_param('category', 0);   // possible default category

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Ken Rushing -

I made the change you suggested, but I still get the same error.  Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks,
Ken

In reply to Ken Rushing

by Petr Skoda -
Try tomorrow the update to the latest 1.4_STABLE CVS version. There are some pending changes in weblib.php - it takes several hours before the update is available when using anonymous CVS access.

skodak