Enrollment Counter

Enrollment Counter

by Mister T -
Number of replies: 3

I love moodle!

It is working great.  The new "enrollment time" feature is truly a gift for classes with a rolling enrollment culture.  I am wondering.........

Has anyone developed a kind of "countdown" that can be displayed to students letting them know how much time they have left in the course?  So each day a student knows how much time they have left in their class before their username expires?

It's easy to procrastinate in the online world!  We want our students to finish their class on time!  Maybe a counter at the top of the screen at all times?  Maybe a counter block?  I'm not at all technical so I don't know what would be best!  But I do know that this counter would be a blessing.

I hope I posted this in the right place!

I love moodle!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mister T

Re: Enrollment Counter

by N Hansen -
Mr T-You should submit this as a feature request in the bug tracker. I think it is a great idea-perhaps the system could even send out an email reminding students that their enrollment period was about to finish at a predefined interval before their enrollment ends, as well as send out an email once it is finished.
In reply to N Hansen

by Mister T -

Hi N,

Your ideas are excellent!  Thanks for the info on submitting feature requests -- I submitted one with our comments.

I love moodle!

In reply to N Hansen

by Mister T -

Hi N,

Another thought -- do you think it would be valuable to also have the enrollment date and enrollment time tied to calendar entries?  That way, when a student logs in, his/her calendar can already be marked with the day their class opened and the day their class "closes"

Then the info can be represented as an upcoming event!

This would somewhat produce a reminder to students, though it would probably not be as effective and "unarguable" as the countdown block or notification  wink

I love moodle!