Exporting Data

Exporting Data

by Stephen Hayes -
Number of replies: 6
Having a problem with exporting data from the database module. Found the "solution" in the database section of adjusting the view, copying and pasting as a text etc, etc. Was wondering is an easier method exists for data extraction?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Hayes

Re: Exporting Data

by Marius Pretorius -
I have also run into a brick wall with regards to something I thought would be a trivial exercise.

I saw the lovely export function/tab in the database activity - something that is a nobrainer for any database - and planned to use this to allow students to export data into an Excel spreadsheet for further processing.

When I tried to enable or show this tab on the students' view of the database I couldn't get it right. I fiddled a bit with 'Override Permissions' for students but I didn't hit on the right button.

Is there a way to show the Database Export tab on the Students' view of the database?

BTW I am using the work-around to copy and paste from the list view - but I would prefer the Export Tab to be enabled for students.

Marius
In reply to Stephen Hayes

by Marius Pretorius -
Hello Stephen

I've just hit on the solution for your and my problem. There is an export tab in the teacher's view that can be used but I couldn't enable/show it to my students.

If you overide permissions for students and set the "View presets from all users" to 'allow' the students will also have the Export tab in there view.

This feature is not well documented. Strange that it is not in the "Export" documentation.

Greetings
Marius
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marius Pretorius

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Marius,

I created a place for the documentation at Import_and_export_FAQ#How_can_I_enable_Excel_export_for_students.3F. It would be great if you could add your solution there.

tia
Frank
Average of ratings: Useful (1)