Moodle Tell a Friend Script (version 2)

Moodle Tell a Friend Script (version 2)

by N Hansen -
Number of replies: 6
I've made some changes to my script that allows your site visitors and users to tell friends about your site. It is much better visually integrated with Moodle than the previous version, and it automatically fills in the users' name and email address if they are registered at your site and are logged in.

I've attached it to this message rather than put it in CVS contrib because I still can't figure out how to complete my CVS registration, anyone who can help with that I would appreciate it.

There are several things I couldn't figure out how to make Moodle automatically fill them in-these are noted in the readme file-if anyone knows how to do these things I would appreciate it. Also, my coding skills aren't up to the level where I could turn this into a block, but it seems like it would be easy for someone with the skills to do so.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to N Hansen

Re: Moodle Tell a Friend Script (version 2)

by Darren Smith -
Hello. I know this post is a bit out of date but I am looking for similar - possibly as a block.

I can't seem to work out how this script would look and don't have a 1.4.x test server to test it on (or is this 1.5 test server safe?)

Any help gratefully accepted

Darren
In reply to Darren Smith

by Karrie V -
If you figure this out - PLEASE share!!!
In reply to Darren Smith

by N Hansen -
Thank you for bringing this up, since I just discovered it wasn't configured properly on my site and hadn't been working properly. But I have fixed it now and you can see it at: http://www.glyphdoctors.com/tellafriend.php

I've attached the updated tellafriend.php file since I believe the one I posted earlier may have errors in it. The other files should still be ok. In this case, just replace the names of my site with yours.

I would very much appreciate it if you could turn this into a proper block, especially for 1.5. As is, it just sits anywhere and is a webpage linked to as a resource (so it should work as-is with 1.5), and although it is not actually integrated into Moodle, it fills in some of the variables from Moodle to make things easier for registered users.

In reply to N Hansen

by Darren Smith -

Please find attached a modified version. It's not a block but ...

• only 1 variable now needs changing (admin's e-mail address for cc)
  • runs inside a moodle folder (eg moodle/tellafriend/)
  • updated the instructions to reflect changes and inclusion of HTML block in 1.5
  • includes updated file posted above
In reply to Darren Smith

by Đinh Lư Giang -
I'm using Moodle 1.5.2. I tried with your file "tellafriend.zip". Everything is OK. The message is displayed "sent" but no email received! I tried with several emails adresses but still no things. Is it a problem of version or what?
Thanks for help.

In reply to Darren Smith

by James Mugodo -
Hi Darren

Please may I have the tell a friend attachment, I can't find it in your message.

Cheers

James