Authorize.net:Error page

Authorize.net:Error page

by Luigi Allen -
Number of replies: 6
every time I try to configure the setting for the Authorize.net page I get an error

Authorize.net Payment Gateway

The Authorize.net module allows you to set up paid courses via payment providers. If the cost for any course is zero, then students are not asked to pay for entry. Two ways to set the course cost (1) a site-wide cost as a default for the whole site or (2) a course setting that you can set for each course individually. The course cost overrides the site cost.

Note: If you enter an enrolment key in the course settings, then students will also have the option to enrol using a key. This is useful if you have a mixture of paying and non-paying students.

Go to the secure page to configure this plugin.

When I click on the link secure page. It says page not found.
Can some one please Heeeeeeeeeelp Me!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luigi Allen

Re: Authorize.net:Error page

by Jean Renoux -
I have been getting this problem too. If this doesn't bump up the post // if it doesn't get a reply, I'll make my own post. But seemingly this issue hasn't been addressed?
In reply to Jean Renoux

by Jean Renoux -
I would really, really, really appreciate some help on this issue. I can just see no reason why it's occurring, and I've found no other posts/responses about this phenomenon. What am I to do, or where could I even start? Thank you in advance!
In reply to Jean Renoux

by Jean Renoux -
...So nobody knows anything about this?
In reply to Jean Renoux

by Jean Renoux -
I guess this is the last time I'll ask again. I've seen this community be so supportive, and it has been so helpful so far. If I'm doing something wrong in how I asked the question, please at least tell me.

If it really is the case that nobody has any idea what causes such a problem, please also tell me that. Thank you for your time. Hope to see someone help with even 3 words!
In reply to Jean Renoux

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I didn't have the slightest idea about this, but I've had a look at it and it just isn't an error at all smile

It seems you need to enable and configure SSL on your web server and then enable HTTPS logins (in Administration >> Security >> HTTP Security), to be able to configure Authorize.net.

Once you have that in place, you need to access the configuration page itself via HTTPS. If you don't, you are shown the message with a link to the same page via HTTPS (it's the "secure page" link that appears in the last paragraph).

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Jean Renoux -
Ah, thank you so much for responding!

The fun thing is... I realized exactly what you said in this post, about 12 hrs. before you posted it, when I accidentally fixed my faulty SSL.

So that this is put into the records for anyone else coming across this forum post... The problem was elusive. I set up my HTTPS correctly -- dedicated IP, SSL certificate, all of that taken care of and set up.

But for some reason it only half-worked -- it was clear that it had been set up (from Moodle's eyes), but things were going wrong. Meanwhile my cPanel thought everything was great.

I contacted the support at my webhost, when I finally realized that this wasn't a Moodle problem, and that I couldn't believe cPanel about my SSL certificate being fine.

The solution was to uninstall and reinstall the SSL certificate. And then, inexplicably, everything worked fine. (Also, the support tech also told me that the SSL certificate was "fine", but figured they'd do the reinstall anyways--and that did the trick.)

What a relief. Thank you, Iñaki Arenaza.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)