Chains and Conditions

Chains and Conditions

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Gordon,

Have just been having a bit of an adventure with Quizport. I have some observations and suggestions.

1. I made the mistake of being careless about the settings of the "next exercise" button in my Hotpots because I know that it is not needed in Quizport, which can order the quizzes according to their names. Now that you have pointed out to me that wrongly labelled "next exercise" buttons cause problems with loading chains, I will have to be careful to disable this button in future exercises. (Sadly I do have another 200 quizzes ready for upload with possibly dodgy "next exercise" buttons). Just wondering if an "order quizzes according to name" option would be feasible or worthwhile?

2. Every time I add a chain I seem to make the same error and end up adding all the quizzes in the folder. You previously told me that Quizport would only do this if the filename was given as the name of the exercise, which is what I must have done, again, today, even though I am sure I went into the file and selected an exercise but maybe it didn't "take" or something and thus ended up loading the whole file? I had to manually select 400 files to be deleted. Fun! Just wondering if it would be possible to have a "delete all quizzes after........." option. That would have been so welcome today!

3. When adding pre and post conditions I tend to have a few quizzes with different variations, and the remaining majority have the same conditions. But as they all have different names it can take quite a few tries before I manage to give them all the same conditions. Would it be possible to have an "apply selected default values to all quizzes which do not already have conditions set" option?

Then again, no-one else seems to get into the tangles I manage with Quizport (or if they do they aren't saying) so please feel free to ignore me!smile

Deborah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Chains and Conditions

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

HI Deborah,
thanks for your feedback.

> order quizzes according to name

In the "Source file" box, if you enter the name of the *folder* containing the quizzes, instead of the *file* name of the first quiz in the chain, then the quizzes will be added in alphabetical order. QuizPort will add every file it recognizes as a quiz file, so be sure that the folder contains either just html files or just jcl/jcw/jmt/jmx/jqz files. Flash files, sounds files, images and so forth will be ignored.

> delete all quizzes

On the "Edit quizzes" page, select all the quizzes - by clicking the very top, left checkbox in the select column, and then at the bottom of the page click the select the "Delete quizzes" radio button, and finally click the "Save changes" button.

> But as they all have different names it can take quite a few tries
> before I manage to give them all the same conditions

Sorry but I don't understand why the name is important.

> Would it be possible to have an "apply selected default values
> to all quizzes which do not already have conditions set" option?

I see what you mean. I will think about that. My initial reaction is that we should be careful not to add too many more options to that page because the interface is already quite complex. 

I think your QuizPorts are proving hard to manage because they have sooooo many quizzes in them. What do you think about splitting the current QuizPorts into several smaller ones?

regards
Gordon