Answer order in lesson module question

Answer order in lesson module question

by Brook Noel -
Number of replies: 4
Good morning all!!!

First - a big shout out to the Moodle developers and contributors! What an awesome program!!!! You all rock!

I have 2 questions....

#1) I am creating a lesson-- long one with 200+ questions. The lesson asks participants to choose how often they do something... there are 11 options as shown below...

99.9 percent of the time, YES.
90-99.8 percent of the time.
80-89 percent of the time.
70-79 percent of the time.
60-69 percent of the time.
50-59 percent of the time.
40-49 percent of the time.
30-39 percent of the time.
20-29 percent of the time.
10-19 percent of the time.
Less than 10 percent of the time

Because of the type of tool it is, it would be more beneficial for the answers not to randomize within a question. I see how to do this in the quiz module, but for the life of me can't find it in the lesson module. I searched and searched to no avail. Can someone point me in the right direction?

#2) Is there a way to override the flow and set the default to "next page" regardless of answer in the lesson module? The closest I have come is using .gift import format where the top 6 choices will auto-go to next page because value is more than 50% but the last 5 won't. I was hoping to avoid editing to "next page" on the 200 questions... but if not possible, well beggars can't be choosers....

Misc Info: I know the quiz module solves both questions about--so why oh why am I not using it?
  1. Because of the number of questions, I prefer the lesson format and ability to "save in progress"
  2. With quiz results the words "Partially correct" appear by default for most choices and these aren't really right/wrong questions. Not sure if there is a way to override that...(if anyone knows the answer, would love to know)
  3. I need the HTML features in Lesson
Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can send my way!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brook Noel

Re: Answer order in lesson module question

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

From your description of one of the questions you ask of respondents, I looks like you are doing a "survey" type of activity. If this is the case, then neither the Quiz nor the Lesson modules are best suited. I suggest installing either the Feedback or the Questionnaire plugins on your moodle site. You will find those on the Modules and plugins page.

See the relevant Feedback or Questionnaire forums if you need help.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Brook Noel -
I will check these -- thanks for the tip. The reason I am using the lesson module is that each answer can have feedback via HTML and also the questionaire is scored so I liked the custom scoring features... I will take a peek to see if these modules might work for that. Thanks!
In reply to Brook Noel

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Noel,
You would have to change the code in mod/lesson to keep it from randomizing the answers. If you are friends with your site administrator and they know how to write a simple MySQL query, they should be able to reset all the answers jumps in your lesson to next page. Another option is to set max attempts to 1, this will send student on regardless if the jump is set to this page or next page. However, while they can go back with their browser back button, only the first answer attempt will be scored.

We use questionnaire and while it does not offer feedback and answers not scored, it can show how others answered the questions.

I am a little confused about your Quiz comments, although this is a Lesson forumsmile

While Quiz will not resume where left off, it can be saved by the student and the previous answers shown. Your site administrator could change the Quiz language file to say something different (maybe leave it blank?), but be aware this would change the comment or any partial score given in other quizzes. I am not sure which HTML features are available in Lesson that are not in Quiz.

Hope this helps. Chris

In reply to Brook Noel

תשובה ל: Answer order in lesson module question

by Irith Herman -

hi

did you find some solution to the random problem of the answers?

thanks

IRITH