Is glossary group-aware?

Is glossary group-aware?

by Arnold Moene -
Number of replies: 2
Perhaps I haven't searched enough, but as far as I know, the answer to the above question is no. Am I correct?

I'm at this very moment supervising two groups of students working on a paper. I have offered them a moodle environment with a number of collaboration tools (forum, chat, wiki and glossary). Initially I thought to simply devise one collaboration environment, and make two groups. But then I found out that the glossary is simply one glossary that is accessible to both groups.

Is this intentional or is it that the glossary module hasn't been made group-aware yet.

Thanks for the great work, you all.

Arnold
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arnold Moene

Re: Is glossary group-aware?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Arnold,

glossary module doesn't support them although it could be RELATIVELY easy to make it that every student saw only their group entries depending of the configuration.

But the problem with this module is the AUTOLINKING feature. It should be modified too (because every group has too autolink different entries) and this would break the cache system for autolinking!!

Not trivial to solve!

Ciao smile
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: Is glossary group-aware?

by Arnold Moene -
Hi Eloy,

Would it be an option to allow for a group-aware glossary, where the autolinking is automatically disabled? The scenario
  • if groups are used in a course, give the instructor the choice to make the glossary group-aware
  • if the instructor decides to make it a group glossary, disable autolinking

I always feel a bit embarrassed when I ask for features, but I'm not at all familiar with php.

Cheers, Arnold