Two courses, one chat?

Two courses, one chat?

by Marcia Prill -
Number of replies: 2
Is it possible to have two courses chatting in one chat "room"? I think they would benefit from seeing each others questions and comments. If it is possible, how do I do it? I've been working with Moodle on crteacher.com for a few weeks so please keep it simple. Thanks. blush
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcia Prill

Re: Two courses, one chat?

by Haidee Foxwell -
Hi Marcia,

You could create a Metacourse with the chat room in and then enrol your original two courses into it.

This would allow the students from the two courses to enter it and use the chat room.

You can also put any joint documentation in there too and cut down on duplication smile

See this page from Moodle Docs and look at Scenerio 1 for a cool picture which help your understanding

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Haidee Foxwell

Re: Two courses, one chat?

by Marcia Prill -

Thanks Haidee. I did that and it worked beautifully last month. We just held another chat and I had to have 3 chats open: the metacourse AP Stat and the two child courses AP Stat per 3 and AP Stat per 6B. I don't know what we did wrong. There wasn't one window that I could see all of them. I finally asked all of them to go to the AP Stat chat instead of their class and that seemed to work. Should I only put the stat chat on the metacourse and not on the child course? I'm so confused...please help.

Marcia