QuizPort Buglet 2

QuizPort Buglet 2

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 2
Hi again,

I have Glossary set to automatic linking. This doesn't usually affect titles but it does in QuizPort. See below.

Or could I have done something to make this happen just in QuizPort?

Cheers,
Glenys

PS: Yes, I do know how to go into the htlm and fix it with a nolink tag, but most teachers wouldn't.
Attachment 12-09-2009_23-35-47.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: QuizPort Buglet 2

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
> Or could I have done something to make this happen just in QuizPort?

These strings are displayed using Moodle's "filter_text()" function, which is a standard function that passes text through all of Moodle's filters.

Perhaps we could make the use of this function in this situation dependent on the "filterall" setting: Site administration -> Modules -> Filters -> Manage filters -> Filter all strings. Would that work for you?

I have looked into this a little more, and it seems I should be using format_string() to print the quiz titles, as this does the checking on filterall configuration setting.

thanks for pointing this out
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: QuizPort Buglet 2

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Glenys,

I have changed all the filter_text() to format_string() when sending QuizPort and quiz names to the browser, so I think this will make things work how you expect, i.e. words in names will not be linked to the glossary, as long as your site's "filterall" switch (Site administration -> Modules -> Filters -> Manage filters) is off.

best regards
Gordon