Please choose one of the following:

Please choose one of the following:

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Gordon,

While waiting for the Post-condition "Menu of all quizzes" to be implemented, if I want students to see where they are as they work through a large number of quizzes in a QuizPort, the best solution I've found so far is to have neither pre- nor post-conditions. Most students will normally work through a numbered list of quizzes in order in any case. The problem is that the heading, when there are no pre- or post-conditions is, "Please choose one of the following:" This seems to encourage students to not do them in order and even not to do all of them. Is it possible to change this to something more neutral: "Quizzes in this Unit" or even nothing at all?

I know as administrator I can change this phrase, but I can't where I'm only a lowly teacher.

Cheers,
Glenys
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: Please choose one of the following:

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Glenys,
I'll be working on "Menu of all quizzes" very soon, so I would like to ask you to wait a little for that.

The reason for "Please choose one of the following" is that having watched my students just stare at that page, I felt it necessary to put text which told them what they were expected to do.

Because this page appears any time several quizzes are available to the student, the software doesn't know for sure  if this a complete list of all quizzes and the student must do them all, or if one of them has a post-condition which would signify the end of the unit, so we need a phrase which is is all purpose but which also tell sthe students they are expected to do something.

I just had an idea that you might want to design your own HTML page and have QuizPort insert the list of quizzes and scores so far. That let you have the automatically generated content embedded in your custom webpage. I'll look at that after the "Menu of all quizzes".

... so much to do and the new term just 10 days away surprise
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Please choose one of the following:

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Glenys,
good news. I have finished implementing the "menu of all quizzes" functionality. Yay! cool

Actually there are 4 related settings for the "next quiz" of a condition now:

• Menu of next quizzes:
    show menu of links to available quizzes and their scores (unavailable quizzes are not shown)
  • Menu of next quizzes (one line)
    show menu of available quizzes and their scores with only one link to the next unattempted quiz (unavailable quizzes are not shown)
  • Menu of all quizzes
    show menu of links to all quizzes and their scores (unavailable quizzes are listed too, but with no link)
  • Menu of all quizzes (one link)
    show menu of all quizzes and their scores with only one link to the next unattempted available quiz

Also, I changed the message on the page so that if there is only one quiz with a link the message will say "Click the link below to continue:".

When you have time, please download QuizPort's latest zip file and try the new functionality:

If you have any feedback, I would love to hear to hear it approve

regards
Gordon