JQuiz always "in progress"

Re: JQuiz always "in progress"

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 0
Hi there,

This problem keeps coming up, doesn't it? I wonder if part of the problem isn't that even if students do click on the last, correct choice the ? remains. This has always seemed to me to be psychologically discouraging for students: they have found the correct answer, so why doesn't the machine admit it? Martin Holmes has always argued that students shouldn't get any credit for clicking on what they know must be the correct answer, but he did, as so often, tell me how to do what I wanted.

If you want students when they click on the last answer in a JQuiz to see either a : - ) or an X as the case demands, this is how to do it:

In jquiz6.js_

Find

//Show the feedback

ShowMessage(Feedback);

//New for 6.2.2.1: If you want to mark an answer as correct even when it's the final choice, uncomment this line.

// if (I[QNum][3][ANum][2] >= 1){Btn.innerHTML = CorrectIndicator;}else{Btn.innerHTML = IncorrectIndicator;}

return;

}

Change to

//Show the feedback

ShowMessage(Feedback);

//New for 6.2.2.1: If you want to mark an answer as correct even when it's the final choice, uncomment this line.

if (I[QNum][3][ANum][2] >= 1){Btn.innerHTML = CorrectIndicator;}else{Btn.innerHTML = IncorrectIndicator;}

return;

}

Cheers,

Glenys