Extra tag in content area

Extra tag in content area

by James Dunn -
Number of replies: 5
I just upgraded from version 1.6 to 1.95 and now the main content area creates this extra (presumable unnecessary) div tag right after the content div tag:

<div class="box generalbox generalboxcontent boxaligncenter">

How can I delete this div tag?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Dunn

Re: Extra tag in content area

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi James,
There is a huge gap between versions 1.6 and 1.9 of Moodle. I seem to remember that there were warnings that it is usually better to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 and then from 1.8 to 1.9. Anyway, supposing all went well, I do not understand what you mean by "the main content area". Do you mean the central column in your Moodle course? How is this related to the Lesson activity, which is the topic of this forum? If your question is not related to the Lesson activity, you'd better re-post it to the General Problems page. Or it might be a themes related issue. Which (visual) theme are you using?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by James Dunn -
By main content area, I mean the area where your lesson is displayed, <div="content">. I posted it here because it is only displayed on the lesson pages. Is weblib.php still the file that displays that content?

I'm using the experience247 theme, but I don't think it is there. I see the <div="content"> tag at the end of the header file, but not the other tag.
In reply to James Dunn

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
James,
Do you mean you actually see being <div class="box generalbox generalboxcontent boxaligncenter"> displayed on your screen or do you see it when you examine the page source in your browser. If the latter, how does it disturb you (if the display is still OK)? In short I do not really understand the purpose of your original post.
Joseph
PS.- What happens if you switch to Moodle's standard theme?
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by James Dunn -
It's not displayed on the screen, just if I view the source code. It still appears when I switch to the standard theme.

It is a problem because I want to display an ad on the right with a float div tag on all the lesson pages. If I have to put the float div before the content instead of inside it, it pushes the content down below the ad instead of wrapping around it like it should.
In reply to James Dunn

by James Dunn -
I think I fixed it. mod/resource/type/text/resource.class.php on line 120 called the print_simple_box function (which isn't used in 1.9.5 except for the outdated depreciatedlib.php). I changed it to print_box and now I can edit it in weblib.php.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)