NTLM Configuration Issue

NTLM Configuration Issue

by philip Smith -
Number of replies: 3

I've been working on this basically all day...

New install Moodle 1.9.5 on Windows 2003 R2 in a Windows 2000 domain enviroment.

Used the moodle installer with apache.

I've been through the ldap configuration page and ntlm configuration page several times. I've searched forums and internet for assistance.

My problem is that my ldap is binding and some users can auto-login to moodle. Most users including admin accounts cannot.

All my student accounts (which have very little permissions) seem to be able to auto login but my staff and even admin accounts will not auto login.

I've tried every iteration of file permission and configuration changes (both within moodle and in the file structure) I can imagine.

Users who are unable to autologin get Auto-login failed and are redirected to login page. Users who are able are sent to create a profile and seem to work correctly.

Logic tells me its a permissions issue; however that's odd due to it be opposite of what would be expected (higher authority accounts are not able to login). 

All of my Staff and Students are divided into OU's based on their school. Staff are in a OU with the schools name and Students are in a OU under that called students for each school.

I've even went as far as to give admin priviliges to the ldap bind account (temp of course) just to see if that made a difference and it has not.

I have verified browser configuration and tried logging in with staff account manually via the login page. It does not work with staff but does with students.

Any help would be great.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to philip Smith

Re: NTLM Configuration Issue

by philip Smith -

I created a new test staff account and found the source of the problem.

We change the 'Full Name' property of our staff accounts to 'Smith, Bob' but we leave the student accounts 'Full Name' property as their account name 'bt.23444'

When I changed my test account to our standard format it no longer works.

Does anyone have a solution on how to make it look at another property?

Going back to the config with this new info to try again.

In reply to philip Smith

by philip Smith -

Posting my own solution...

After working on it all day the solution was to change the ldap settings parameter 'User Attribute' from its default of {blank} / 'cn' to 'sAMAccountName'

Worked immediately

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to philip Smith

by Tom LIU -

I have searching this forum for around two days until I found your post, which totally solved my problem. Thank you so much!