Resource types

Exporting/Importing TLM IMS Content Package into Moodle

Picture of Joe Radice
Exporting/Importing TLM IMS Content Package into Moodle

Hi

I want to export a TLM (The Learning Manager 3.2) IMS Content Package (CP) and then import the IMS CP into Moodle.

Has anyone done this?

I have exported the TLM IMS CP and it's a pretty easy process, but when I go to import it into Moodle and Deploy it, it says "Sorry, the requested file could not be found"

Can anyone shed some light as I'm trying to import the content from TLM into Moodle.

Regards, Joe 

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Haidee Foxwell
Re: Exporting/Importing TLM IMS Content Package into Moodle

Hi Joe,

This forum is for questions about the assignment module, this question would be better placed in the SCORM module forum here

Picture of Ken Milligan

As an IMS package is listed as a resource, I have to disagree with this response, and also add my request for an answer to the original Question. I've got a zip file which contains an IMS package I'd like to install and am uncertain how to continue.

Picture of Linda Raymond-Hagen

Hello,

Did you figure out how to do this?  I try to do the same thing.  Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda

Picture of Ken Milligan

Joe,

Just managed this myself for the first time, so here's how I did it.

• upload the compressed IMS package to the data folder for the course you want to add the package to (might be done via the upload facility when creating the resource or by ftp direct to the course folder)
  • in the Add an IMS Content Package resource editing page, under Choose or Upload a File, click on 'Choose' beside the zip file you've uploaded
  • click Save and Display. A message telling you that the package has not yet been deployed will appear, click on the deploy button presented and your package will be unzipped and displayed for you.

Hope this helps.

KM

Picture of Rick Hatton

Where is the Add an IMS Content Package resource editing page? I am using 1.9.8 on one install and 2.0 on another.

Thanks

Elena
Group Testers

Click Turn Editing on on the course homepage and select IMS from Add a Resource dropdown menu from one of the course sections smile