Why does the html editor seem to have this Siamese twin sometimes?

Why does the html editor seem to have this Siamese twin sometimes?

od N Hansen -
Število odgovorov: 6
I don't know quite how to explain this other than to show a screenshot of it, but does anyone know why the html editor sometimes has this compressed "Siamese twin" of sorts at the bottom of it?
Priponka sampleproblem.png
Povprečje ocenitev: -
V odgovor na N Hansen

Re: Why does the html editor seem to have this Siamese twin sometimes?

od Janne Mikkonen -
Is this in Quiz module? I've seen it too. I think it's a feature called bug!?!
V odgovor na Janne Mikkonen

od N Hansen -
Or birth defectwink I noticed it first in New Assignment, but since that isn't a standard module I kind of thought that it might just be buggy, but when I started playing with Quiz and found it there I thought perhaps something else was going on.
V odgovor na Janne Mikkonen

od Jonny McCullagh -
I have a similar problem when using the Lesson module the HTML editor shows up like the bottom editor in your screenshot - basically there is nowhere to ype in text. Reloading the page solves the problem but I was wondering if anyone had got to the bottom of this as I cannot depend of course tutors to refresh the page?
V odgovor na N Hansen

od Enrique Castro -
Slika Core developers Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi,
I reported the same thing some days ago. It happens only in the Qiz module, when editing/creating a question. But this is not a repeatable/consistent bug. I have seen it in only one of three installations of Moodle 1.4 have work with.
I wonder if the version of PHP has something to do with this.

- Enrique Castro -

V odgovor na Enrique Castro

od Martin Dougiamas -
Slika Core developers Slika Documentation writers Slika Moodle HQ Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Plugin developers Slika Testers
I've seen people mention this, but it's never happened to me.
V odgovor na Martin Dougiamas

od N Hansen -
I noticed it in the New Assignment module as well. However, while it is a bit strange, it doesn't seem to affect the functioning of the modules at all, just is a bit bizarre visually. The php version on my server is 4.3.8 if that is of any help in figuring this out.