Why does the html editor seem to have this Siamese twin sometimes?

Why does the html editor seem to have this Siamese twin sometimes?

by N Hansen -
Number of replies: 6
I don't know quite how to explain this other than to show a screenshot of it, but does anyone know why the html editor sometimes has this compressed "Siamese twin" of sorts at the bottom of it?
Attachment sampleproblem.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to N Hansen

Re: Why does the html editor seem to have this Siamese twin sometimes?

by Janne Mikkonen -
Is this in Quiz module? I've seen it too. I think it's a feature called bug!?!
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by N Hansen -
Or birth defectwink I noticed it first in New Assignment, but since that isn't a standard module I kind of thought that it might just be buggy, but when I started playing with Quiz and found it there I thought perhaps something else was going on.
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by Jonny McCullagh -
I have a similar problem when using the Lesson module the HTML editor shows up like the bottom editor in your screenshot - basically there is nowhere to ype in text. Reloading the page solves the problem but I was wondering if anyone had got to the bottom of this as I cannot depend of course tutors to refresh the page?
In reply to N Hansen

by Enrique Castro -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi,
I reported the same thing some days ago. It happens only in the Qiz module, when editing/creating a question. But this is not a repeatable/consistent bug. I have seen it in only one of three installations of Moodle 1.4 have work with.
I wonder if the version of PHP has something to do with this.

- Enrique Castro -

In reply to Enrique Castro

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've seen people mention this, but it's never happened to me.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by N Hansen -
I noticed it in the New Assignment module as well. However, while it is a bit strange, it doesn't seem to affect the functioning of the modules at all, just is a bit bizarre visually. The php version on my server is 4.3.8 if that is of any help in figuring this out.