What does "backup role assignments for these roles" mean?

What does "backup role assignments for these roles" mean?

by ben reynolds -
Number of replies: 1
I know this sounds simple, but I seem not to be able to find any documentation about the option in 1.9.4 "backup role assignments for these roles." I've used Google and I've used Moodle's search option. All I find are instructions for backup to either turn this off or on, not an explanation of what it actually does.

Does this mean when you have renamed "teacher" as "facilitator," for example, the backup will retain that renaming?

Or does it mean users who have been assigned this role, if the users are backed up, will retain the role they have been assigned?

Or something else altogether?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to ben reynolds

Re: What does "backup role assignments for these roles" mean?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ben,

Usually I deleted cross-posts, as it's confusing discussing the same thing in two places at once, however I appreciate that the subject applies to roles as well as backup, so I'll just provide a link to your other post for the benefit of others browsing this thread:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=131874