Limited Teacher Role

Limited Teacher Role

by John Wyatt -
Number of replies: 5
I have granted a teacher the role that permits uploading of files - however they can upload to all courses.  How do I limit the teacher to upload just to his/her courses???
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Wyatt

Re: Limited Teacher Role

by Randy Orwin -
By default a teacher in any course can upload files to that course. Are you trying to accomplish something different other than that capability?
In reply to Randy Orwin

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You say your teacher can upload to all courses, not just his own? Then you need to go to site administration>users>permissions>assign system roles and check you have not put him in there - that gives him the right to be a teacher sitewide. Take him out and then put him only into the course you want - via the course administration block>assign roles.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by John Wyatt -

Mary - Thank you I will try that tomorow after my Moodle command performance.

Cheers,

John Wyatt

In reply to John Wyatt

Limited Teacher Role

by John Wyatt -

Mary:

I implemented your suggestion (which was the way I had it before I gave System Priv. to the teacher). 

How do I grant a teacher Administration>Users>Accounts>Upload Users..... 

So that teachers can bulk upload students.  My goal is for a non-editing teacher to be able to add students.

John Wyatt

In reply to John Wyatt

by Randy Orwin -
Hi John,

I don't think you want to give non-editing teachers, or regular teachers for that matter, the "Upload Users" option. This particular feature is generally only used to add students to the server and is usually done by the server administrator. This is only my opinion, but having been a Moodle administrator for the last four years I wouldn't want that many hands playing in my users tables. I could see setting up some assistant Moodle administrators with this role to upload users and assign them to courses.

Could you elaborate more on how you want this system to function, especially in the way of user management? I read in your profile that you are building this out as a law enforcement certification progam. I think knowing a bit more about what the overall plan is may help to address your questions.