Certificate (add-on)

Leicester
linking a certificate to a sco

Are there any problems in having completion of a sco as a linked dependancy? Or is it possible?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dave Dannenberg
Re: linking a certificate to a sco
Group Moodle Course Creator Certificate holders
I have a course in which getting the certificate is dependent on 14 SCORM activities achieving a certain score on each one. It work s fine except for one item I mentioned in a previous post. If I manually edit those score then the certificate will not display even though the student gradebook shows the student having met all requirements. Still haven't found a solution to that one.

Dave

Picture of Chardelle Busch
Group Developers
in the certificate lib file, try replacing this code:

} else if ($cm->module == $scormid) {
require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/mod/scorm/locallib.php');
$scorm = get_record('scorm', 'id', $cm->instance);
$score = scorm_grade_user($scorm, $userid);
if (($scorm->grademethod % 10) == 0) { // GRADESCOES
if (!$scorm->maxgrade = count_records_select('scorm_scoes',"scorm='$scormid' AND " . sql_isnotempty('scorm_scoes', 'launch', false, true))) {
return NULL;
}
} else {
$return->maxgrade = $scorm->maxgrade;
$grade = (int)(((float)$score / (float)$scorm->maxgrade) * 100.0);
return ($grade >= (int)$activity->linkgrade);

with this:

require_once($CFG->libdir.'/gradelib.php');
$grading_info = grade_get_grades($cm->course, 'mod', 'scorm', $cm->instance, $userid);
if (empty($grading_info)) {
return false;
}
$grade = $grading_info->items[0]->grades[$userid]->grade;

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Thanks Chardelle. I tried that code and when I went to access the Certificate activity the page did not load at all. All I saw was a white window with nothing on it or in it (and no error message).

Dave

Picture of Chardelle Busch
Group Developers
I should have included the last } after the return in the top code. If you have an extra one there, delete it.

It should look like this:

return (get_record('survey_answers', 'id', $cm->instance, 'userid', $userid) !== false);

require_once($CFG->libdir.'/gradelib.php');
$grading_info = grade_get_grades($cm->course, 'mod', 'scorm', $cm->instance, $userid);
if (empty($grading_info)) {
return false;
}
$grade = $grading_info->items[0]->grades[$userid]->grade;

} else if ($cm->module == $lessid) {

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
That fixed it. Thanks!!

Dave

Picture of Tristan Roscoe

Does this resolve this issue with the certificate module not recognizing the 100% gradebook score of a completed SCORM activity? It works with quiz dependency only. See screenshot.

Bill Mac

I'm also wondering if this fixes the issue that Tristan referenced above.  Anybody figure it out?  I'm still in 1.9 and the certificate won't work with SCORM pieces (multiple).

Thanks, Bill

Picture of Micky Fokken

I modified my certificate lib.php file and it still doesn't work with the Quiz activity.  I attached screenshots and a copy of my lib.php file.

Once I get it working with teh quiz activity, I will try it with the SCORM activity.

Screenshot:   http://www.mytechschool.com/files/support/screenshot.docx

Picture of Micky Fokken

I noticed that the code i replaced was referencing the SCORM activity type.  If I'm having troubles with manual grades for quiz activity types, shouldn't we tweak the code below?

if ($cm->module == $quizid) {
            require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/mod/quiz/locallib.php');
            $quiz = get_record('quiz', 'id', $cm->instance);
            $score = quiz_get_best_grade($quiz, $userid);
            $grade = (int)(((float)$score / (float)$quiz->grade) * 100.0);

Picture of Micky Fokken

I did a little more research, mostly because I'm bored while I sit here on a Saturday and watch "Intervention" on netflix, lol.

SOURCE OF PROBLEM???:        The function, quiz_get_best_grade, looks in the table, "quiz_grades".  This table is not populated if we manually enter grades into the gradebook.  To verify this, I searched for a user that has never taken a quiz, but has data manually entered in his gradebook.  That user doesn't have any entries in the table, "Quiz_Grades".

SOLUTION???:    The table "grade_grades" is populated with quiz data, whether it's typed into the gradebook or comes from a user completing the quiz.  Could we may $grade = finalgrade / rawgrademax (both from the grade_grades table)?  I wish there was a value that is the same, whether the grade was entered into the gradebook or if it was populated by a user completing the quiz manually.

What do you all think?

Also, last Q for the day:  I looked at the function, "grades_get_grades".  In the comments it says the following:
335  * Manual, course or category items can not be queried.

Does this mean that this function can't be used to gather grades for manually entered grades, and would this explain why the code insert didn't work for me?

thank you all for your help.  let me know if you need me to give you any more information.

Picture of Maiquel Sampaio de Melo

Hey guys,

There is an open issue regarding this problem: http://server3.moodle.com/browse/CONTRIB-2760

Could you please upload your patches?

Thanks,
Maiquel