scalable architecture for moodle

scalable architecture for moodle

by robert ngo -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I looking into designing a architecture for moodle, it will server several thousand user at first but need to be able to grow to support hundred thousand to million of users across several country.

i was think for a load balancer to distribute request to several webserver. the web server can be split by some serving static and some serving dynamic content. then it is connected to a mysql cluster which is connected using iscsi/FCoE/SAN to its storage.

what kind of load balancer will work well with moodle, should i get a hardware loadbalancer solution for one of the vendor, or built one myself with opensource solution?

for the web server, should i use one-u single socket server or a blade salution? which one will end up being cheaper to run and expand?

for the storage, should i use a SAN or storage server like sun unified storage 7000 or  will be suficiant. if i am setting up a mysql cluster does every master node need to have the complete copy of all the data? does the slave node need to have all the data storage on the server or can i spread the data accross the slave node?

Thanks

Robert.

Average of ratings: -