Moodle 2.0: Errors when trying to upload a file

Moodle 2.0: Errors when trying to upload a file

by Gregor Leban -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

I'm using the latest moodle 2.0 and I was trying different ways to upload a very small file (50kb) to a course. I always got some errors.

When using, for example, the Administration / Files / Upload a file I get: "Exception: Could not create upload file".

Also, if I try to create a folder using Administration / Files / Make a folder I only get a blank screen after pressing the button.

Could the problem be that I somehow don't have the sufficient permissions? I'm currently logged in as admin. I also have moodle 1.9 installed and I can successfully upload files there so it shouldn't be a PHP problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Gregor
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gregor Leban

Re: Moodle 2.0: Errors when trying to upload a file

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Gregor,

As you've discovered, Moodle 2.0 is quite unstable in some areas at the moment. Please see the Moodle 2.0 planning document for details of current progress. I doubt that the problems you describe are due to insufficient permissions.

Just moving this discussion to the testing and QA forum...