Transferring a student between courses - can you keep assignment data?

Transferring a student between courses - can you keep assignment data?

by shane korin -
Number of replies: 3
Hey guys

We are using Moodle as our course management system and I've gotta figure out a way to move a student from one course into another but retain their assignment records.

There doesn't seem to be any functionality supporting this but does anyone know if there are modules available to accomplish it?

I am planning to write a script which will do it but it's a fairly complex procedure and would like to know if there's already a module or something available.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated smile

Cheers

-sk
Average of ratings: -
In reply to shane korin

Re: Transferring a student between courses - can you keep assignment data?

by Marc Dastous -

I am not aware of this being possible, but if you can pull this off it would be a godsend for me!  Teaching in a secondary school, schedule changes happen all the time and this functionality would be wonderful to have.

Marc

In reply to Marc Dastous

by shane korin -
Marc

I'm fairly sure I can write the code to do it, I just didn't want to! smile

I'll let you know how it goes.

shane
In reply to shane korin

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Shane,
              transfert between courses, even with same content, will imply many database manipulations to retain their assignments records.

An other possibility is in testing phase now: if you use groups instead of courses then it will be easy to only change student's group.

The new group fuctionnalities added make group nearly as independants as courses ( with similar content ) are.

You can read about it and test it there.

I hope I have well understood  your problem.

Bye,

Bernard