Teacher Picture

Teacher Picture

by Tan M -
Number of replies: 13

Hello!

I was wondering what instructors are using as their "picture" in their class profile.  Is there a gallery of some sort, or has someone provided any recommended things to use as the instructor picture?

I personally would like to see a cool picture of an apple or something.  That would be a neat 'teacher' picture.

Anyone have any ideas or currently utilized pictures they would like to share?

Tan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tan M

Re: Teacher Picture

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I may be missing something here, but I use a little photo of myself (same as the one I use here), very handsome I look too!
In reply to Marcus Green

by Tan M -

Not all of us are as handsome as you, Mr. Green!

Hehehe, actually I am looking for alternatives to a real picture because of the way we are setting things up here.  A picture may be used at a later date if I can convince them, but for now we want a general logo that is representative of an educator.

Thanks!

Tan

In reply to Marcus Green

by Miles Berry -
Pupil photos are more of an issue for those of us working in a school setting.
We, for instance, have a policy of never using pupils' photos on our website if their names are given or vice versa and, although we're running our Moodle as a closed community at present, I don't want to take any chances.

My plan is to use scanned copies of the pupils' self portraits from their art lessons, but I'd be interested to hear of alternatives that are used elsewhere.

Any ideas how to get hold of the mini-me cartoon graphics that Friends Reunited use?
In reply to Miles Berry

by Sue Elvins -

I'm attending a university elsewhere that is using something different for their teaching device. However they have it setup where it could become an option to look at somewhere down the road for Moodle. The way it is used there is in the student profile. We can make a small web page (html) about us and it can contain anything in regards to who we are, etc. I've got mine set up with one of my photos that had been taken a few years back at a Christmas party. It's just something to say here I am and this is who you'll be talking to via the message board.

Just a thought.

Sue

In reply to Tan M

by Drew Buddie -
Hi, I typed 'boss' into Google Images and got a man in a trilby hat.  I use that for my 'avatar' and the kids seem to like it.
In reply to Tan M

by W Page -
Hello!

These are a few icons I made up.  You will see the images below.  I think some of them are from the graphics sections of the  Discovery School and were free to use.  In the next post I will attach the icons.  They are 100x100 and will shrink to the icon in the forums and elsewhere without any distortions.

Hope you like them.

WP1
Attachment teacher_icon_pack_01_panel.gif
In reply to W Page

by Tan M -

Hi WP1!

Thanks so much for your response and for sharing your creations with me!  I like them very much!

Do you mind if I use them in a course?

Tan

In reply to Tan M

by W Page -
Hi Tan!

They are for anybody to use. I was taking a break from school work and saw the thread. Just made up 2 of them and added 2 others that I had. I also have some admin ones. Will share them with the community at another time.

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Amy Groshek -
when we first used moodle, the testing instructors and techies all loaded animal photos for themselves. our webmaster was a fox, our director a frog, I was a great blue heron. this was great fun because we already knew one another and saw one another on a daily or weekly basis.

then residency came around, when our students come in for a week from their rural alaska homes, to register and begin courses. they return after a week to the AK bush and finish the semester there. suddenly the need to have a photo of every instructor and every student was clear. i spent the week with a digital camera in hand, and the results have been very rewarding. when your students are several plane rides away, it makes a great deal of difference.

Amy