Administrator cannot switch to teacher role

Administrator cannot switch to teacher role

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
This morning I logged in and went to a class and cannot switch to the teacher role. I could yesterday - I have not changed anything. I have check all the necessary settings (role assignment, admin role settings, etc) and cannot find anything that could be causing this - I can still assign the teacher role under assign roles. It appears as though I am appearing as a teacher in the class as I can switch to all the same roles as a teacher can (non-editing teacher, students, etc) This is across all courses. Does anyone have any idea what I can do??
The only setting I did find that was strange that, under default course settings, the course creator was set to automatically become a teacher role for the course. I changed this to course creator but nothing changed.
Help please!
Oh I am using 1.9.5 on a linux server.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Administrator cannot switch to teacher role

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I will answer my own question in case this happens to anyone else. Somehow the teacher role had the permission set that allowed them to do anything. I am a little concerned as to how this happened as I am the only administrator. When in there as a teacher, I cannot get to permissions so it appears that it could only have been changed under my login.