additional problems with permissions

additional problems with permissions

by Tiffany Morgan -
Number of replies: 2
I am finding more problems with permissions. What is odd is that this was working fine through all of our summer classes.

1. Default role of all users set to authenticated user.

2. I have the teacher role set to the default setting of Allow for View Hidden Role Assignments

3. I assign a user the role of teacher at the course level.

4. I login as that user to that course and CAN see the users with hidden assignments.
Oddly I cannot see my user name in teacher role.

5. I change the permission for the capability to prohibit, logout as the teacher user, clear the cache and log back in. My assumption would now be that this user would NOT be able to see those users with hidden assignments, however they are still visible.

6. I change back the permission for the teacher role for this capability back to the default of allow, for consistency.

7. As the admin I then I remove the user from the teacher role and place them in the role of course creator. Course creator has this role set to the default of Not Set.

8. I login as this user, an now I cannot see the hidden assignments (which makes sense) and I can see my user name in the course creator role.

9. As the admin, I change the permission for the capability to allow for course creator. Clear the cache, log in as the user again (role of course creator) and there is no change. Still see the user name in the course creator role, but do not see any of the users with hidden assignments

So--
Is there another trigger that I need to adjust? We did upgrade to 1.9.5 about 2 weeks ago, so does any one know of anything in the upgrade that would cause the following type of issues?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

Re: additional problems with permissions

by ben reynolds -
In reply to ben reynolds

Re: additional problems with permissions

by Tiffany Morgan -
Thanks Ben. I JUST figured this out. I was checking to see if the role was hidden by clicking assign roles. What I hadn't been checking with the course creator did not have the permission to assign the role I was I looking at, but teachers did.

Once I turned on the ability for creators to assign the role, all is well!!

Thanks!!