1.95 - Course Attempted, but is coming up as a 0/0 Result

1.95 - Course Attempted, but is coming up as a 0/0 Result

by Jayden Tyronian -
Number of replies: 3
I'm currently testing the possibility of using Moddle for our orgaisation.

I've set up a 20 question quiz consisting of multiple choice and true/false. The 'test' student takes the exam, and that's fine. The Teacher can view the attempted exam and see what was answered correctly or incorrectly.

The problem is the result. The student, nor the teacher, nor myself as an Admin can view any results for the students attempt at the exam.

It comes up with 0/0 and in GradeBook it just shows a - sign where a grade should be. Now I can certainly go in and manually put in that say the student received 90%.

My question is why won't a) Moodle mark this quiz automatically and b) why isn't it shoing it in gradebook.

Some points of note:

Yes, the setting that asks if I want to show the gradebook to students is set to yes (the student can access the gradebook)

There are no questions set for 'manual' marking (I haven't ventured down that path for testing yet)

I have indicated int eh questions the right or wrong answers (and this is clearly woring if the teacher can view the report and it is showing the right and wrong answers and if the student got the question right or wrong).

As far as I can see it should be marking the exam automatically and displaying to the student they received 18/20 and in gradebook also show this result.

I've done some searching on the net, watch a couple of youtube videos and searched the main moodle website and can't seem to find the right answers or help.

Some valued help would be greatly appreciated!

JT

In reply to Jayden Tyronian

Re: 1.95 - Course Attempted, but is coming up as a 0/0 Result

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi JT,
Based on your description you have an issue with the quiz results not showing in the quiz (not with the gradebook per ce, since it simply displays the same " missing" result as the quiz does), correct?
I wold advise to go to the Quiz, click Edit, make sure that Grade column has points assigned to each question, plus that Maximum grade area is also set to some number. You probably will need to click Results > Regrade as well.
(Screenshot of your quiz editing interface would be nice smile)

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Jayden Tyronian -

Hi Elena

Thanks for your response.  I ended up giving up on this, but have since been encouraged to get it up and working.  Again I've hit up against this problem.

I have a headache trying to work out why its givinging me no results.  I can go into the quizz that was taken and I can see the attempt and what was right and wrong but if I click on Grades in the Admin tab to bring up the Gradebook I get 0/0 for each question...

The screen shot is not of the one I was working on in 2009, I started again from scratch and this specific quizz someone else put together so it may be missing key selections, but I'm really at a loss as to what to do.

gradebookzerogrades.jpg

In reply to Jayden Tyronian

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Jayden,
Have you tried my previous suggestion? smile
If you go to Quiz, click Edit tab, what do you have in the Grade column for each question, and what does Maximum grade area has?
Attachment 14Scr_Mar._28_07.00.jpg