Exporting Workshop Responses

Exporting Workshop Responses

by Kamaria Scott -
Number of replies: 7

Is it possible to export workshop responses to an excel spreadsheet? I would like do an item analysis of the assessment responses. 

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kamaria Scott

Re: Exporting Workshop Responses

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Nice idea, thanks! I created MDL-20149 for this request.
In reply to David Mudrák

by liza h -
hi david, i was looking through the forums and it got me to this topic. has 'export workshop responses to a spreadsheet' been resolved? I am in the midst of doing the same thing, exporting responses for item analysis. by the way, I'm using moodle 1.9.7. thanks.
In reply to liza h

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I'm sorry Liza. As you can see in the linked tracker issue, it is still in the Open state. Meaning that it was not implemented yet. As usually, vote for tracker issues to help us sort them by demand for them.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Thys Murray -

Dear David

I found this forum post via Google. I see the ticket is still open. I had request today to download Workshop responses. Is there a workaround in the meantime?

In reply to Thys Murray

by David Mudrák -
I am sorry Thys. There is no workaround I am aware of other than the one described by Annette in this forum recently. If you have a developer available, they might be able to fetch raw data from the workshop database tables but I admit it requires quite a deep insight into the structure of the Workshop database.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Kamaria Scott

by Annette Knobloch -

Very tedious workaround, grades heet only: 

• Copy and paste 
  • Spend a few hours removing the hyperlinks and participant pictures. I have been told by administrator that there is no setting to prevent the participant pictures from appearing in the Workshop grade sheet.
  • Depending on what you want to do, create some other fields or columns in your table or spreadsheet.

For subsequent access to the entire Workshop for a course section, plead for the administrator to back up the course, with student data and work. This level of backup is NOT possible by individual faculty.