Way to allow students to upload files in Moodle

Way to allow students to upload files in Moodle

by Sam Mudle -
Number of replies: 3
I teach a course on web page making.

There's no easy way for students to upload their htm/jpg/gif files in moodle and allow everyone else to see them.

I also don't want to hassle creating ftp accounts for each student from the back end.

I'm using File Thingie
http://www.solitude.dk/filethingie/

It's a php file manager. You create the accounts from the web front end.

I'm wondering if anyone else is using something similar.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Mudle

Re: Way to allow students to upload files in Moodle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If you are meaning they want to upload their whole website however, with html files and linked images, that's slightly tricky I agree. They could upload the zipped folder but then other students would have to download and unzip it to see the sites offline.If you use a forum -they can post attachments which can be their images or htm files that everyone else in the forum can see. I use forums quite often in this way as it's a quick method for a class to share stuff but of course, you can only upload one item at a time so if you are thinking of a whole website worth of linked files/images then that's no good either.I have certainly never heard of file thingy - is it quite safe? Where does it put their files?
In reply to Sam Mudle

by Adma Lim -
Try adding the Databases Activity? If you only need the students to upload their imagine/picture for sharing. there is a preset in Databases, which is for an imagine gallery.
In reply to Adma Lim

by Lisa Beach -

I like the database gallery preset, but it doesn't allow html files to be uploaded. It looks like the only way to allow students to upload html files for other students to view is using a forum.