Emailing to Forum

Emailing to Forum

by Vernellia Randall -
Number of replies: 2
I want to be able to email postings TO moodle and have them automatically posted to a forum> Is this possible?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vernellia Randall

Re: Emailing to Forum

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Vernellia
This is not possible - forum posting are created within Moodle. I'm not a developer but would think you could develop this if you had the know-how.
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Vernellia Randall

Re: Emailing to Forum

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
While it sounds convenient - I think the biggest concern would be security and assuring that the person was not spoofing someone's email address. As Teresa points out this is currently not possible with Moodle because it requires authentication whereby you verify the person is who they claim to be. What forums do that make it pretty close to what you are asking for is when a user is subscribed to a forum they receive emails and can simply hit the reply button. If they are already logged in they will go directly to the reply screen and type the reply (as I am doing now). Otherwise, they will be asked to login first and then be taken to the screen. I would classify this as one of those ideas that sounds like it may be good but in the long run may be more problematic than it is worth. Peace - Anthony