Postgres install type name serial8 error?

Postgres install type name serial8 error?

by Stu Young -
Number of replies: 0
Have installed and run Moodle in thepast using MySQL,, am running a new site and would like to try PostgreSQL this time (my server allows a limited number of each type of database, my other systems needs MySQL - not as flexible as Moodle ;- )

Install - error straight away. This is the message I get,

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: Unable to locate type name 'serial8' in catalog in /hsphere/local/home/central/learning.altiacentral.com/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 687
-1: ERROR: Unable to locate type name 'serial8' in catalog

adodb_postgres7._execute(CREATE TABLE mdl_user_coursecreators ( id SERIAL8 PRIMARY KEY,..., false) % line 804, file: adodb.inc.php
  adodb_postgres7.execute(CREATE TABLE mdl_user_coursecreators ( id SERIAL8 PRIMARY KEY,...) % line 24, file: datalib.php
execute_sql() % line 79, file: datalib.php
modify_database(CREATE TABLE mdl_user_coursecreators ( id SERIAL8 PRIMARY KEY,...) % line 111, file: index.php

Then continues and the final message on the page is that the database tables were not successfully setup,
I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, just point me inthe right direction and I would be most greatful.

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -