Jump-To Missing

Jump-To Missing

by David Peachey -
Number of replies: 7
I was wondering if anyone knows why the jump-to menu is not shown in the HotPots module?

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Peachey

Re: Jump-To Missing

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
As far as I can recall, the "Jump to activity ..." menu does not appear at the top right of the screen for HotPot activities because that space is used for the "You are logged in as xxx (logout)" text.

Usually the "You are logged in as xxx (logout)" text is displayed at the bottom of Moodle pages in the standard Moodle footer, but this is problematic for Hot Potatoes quizzes because the footer cannot be easily added on some types of quiz, notably JMatch and JMix.

FYI, the QuizPort module, which is the successor to the HotPot module, is able to print the "Jump to activity " menu the at the top right of the screen and the standard Moodle footer, because it is smarter about the way it positions elements on the screen.

cheers
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by David Peachey -
Thanks for the reply. The QuizPort mod is actually perfect except that it doesn't get added with the backup. We also can't afford to buy it as well because we're a non-profit organization. I really wish there was a solution for us.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What do you mean, buy it David? I downloaded and installed it for free.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by David Peachey -
In order for quizport to be included in the backups, you must buy a license for around $300 I believe. It's cheaper if you only have 1 teacher. I could be wrong about the prices but I'm 100% sure you have to buy it to get the full version.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Ah I see what you mean, David; I was only thinking of installing and using not the backups.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

> we're a non-profit organization

Me too wink

> I really wish there was a solution for us.

I am re-thinking the licensing scheme and implementation at the moment and in that regard I would like some more information from you. I don't know too much about "non-profit" organizations in general, or your organization in particular, so I would be interested to know what service or fee you think is reasonable for you to contribute to QuizPort development in order for you to use the full version of software?

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by David Peachey -
I actually don't know too much about non-profit organizations my self. I really just work for one. However, I'll pass this information on to my boss and see what she thinks about it. Thanks for the reply.