Sorry I did not notice at the start of your original post that you said you were using moodle 1.7. Please note that that version was not really good. You should really upgrade to latest 1.9 version of moodle as soon as possible.
Thanks for the detailed information in your latest post. However I find it very hard to understand because you are not using the "moodle terminology". I do not understand those sentences : "Dealing with 90 entries, I 1st uploaded them from my computer to the file folder on the Moodlein reverse order ...".
OK, I think I understand that in your Glossary entries you are using jpeg file names as "definitions" and numbers as "concepts". That is OK, but it should not make a difference to the results I mentioned in my previous post, that is to say that when you export a glossary and then import it into another course on your moodle site, the "order" of entries is not changed. In fact, the "order" in which glossary items are displayed in the Glossary is determined by the Browse by... tabs.
As far as I can see, the solution to your problem is the small hack I gave in my post here. But it is related to Moodle 1.9.
Sorry I can't help you any further.
PS.- To vote for my bug report MDL-20130 just click on the link here and when you view the bug report click on the Vote link. You may need to register in the Moodle bug tracker to be allowed to vote.