Preventing Students from Printing a Moodle Quiz

Re: Preventing Students from Printing a Moodle Quiz

Andrew Marriott -
Number of replies: 0

I recently had a publishing rep ask me a similar question:

"If I give my lecturer a few chapters of a book for him to put on Moodle, is there a way to make sure that it does not allow for printing? I have to give some students access to the book for a bit until the book is available in SA, but I need to make sure that they do not print, download or save the material. Is there a way to build up that security?"

My reply,

"What I have learnt is this. ANYTHING that goes online is up for copying. For example, MyMarketingLab, even though there are measures in place there is a means for a student to copy every video, quiz, and ebook content. It's scary hey?

i.e. There may be some utilities to disable the print functionality in the browser, you cannot stop someone from doing a screen capture. Camtasia for video capturing and so on. Adobe has tried blocking copy paste, printing, etc but like I said, there are ways around it.

All that you can control is the course enrolment to the Moodle course, thus the only people having access to the chapter/s would be the class students. 

This dilemma is not new. If it was a textbook, students would be photocopying it.

HOWEVER, My best solution is using Private/Public Keys, put the document as a PDF file which has restrictions (no copy/print/sharing)

The link below shows you how.

http://blogs.adobe.com/acrolaw/2010/07/how_do_i_prevent_someone_from_fo/

Good luck աչքով եմ անում