reports (logs)

Re: reports (logs)

by linda sarnecki -
Number of replies: 3

Thank you so very much for the reply.  I really didn't think anyone would give me any help.  I am so grateful.  I tried the debugging and the following is what I got when I requested the logs.  Now that I have that I have no idea what to do with it.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Table './servite_moodle/mdl_log' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM mdl_log l WHERE l.time > '1250665200' AND l.time line 677 of lib/dmllib.php: call to debugging() line 372 of lib/dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql() line 1603 of lib/datalib.php: call to count_records_sql() line 418 of course/lib.php: call to get_logs() line 430 of course/lib.php: call to build_logs_array() line 95 of course/report/log/index.php: call to print_log()

Table './servite_moodle/mdl_log' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

SELECT l.*, u.firstname, u.lastname, u.picture FROM mdl_log l LEFT JOIN mdl_user u ON l.userid = u.id WHERE l.time > '1250665200' AND l.time line 677 of lib/dmllib.php: call to debugging() line 918 of lib/dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql() line 1606 of lib/datalib.php: call to get_records_sql() line 418 of course/lib.php: call to get_logs() line 430 of course/lib.php: call to build_logs_array() line 95 of course/report/log/index.php: call to print_log()

Thanks,

Linda Sarnecki

In reply to linda sarnecki

by Zbysiu Rodak -
We had a substation failure recently, and I thought everything was fine until I tried to run the logs. Before the power failure I can access logs, after that day I draw a blank. I turned on debugging and this is the error I get -

Error: Could not insert a new entry to the Moodle log
line 1961 of lib\datalib.php: call to debugging()
line 52 of course\report\log\index.php: call to add_to_log()

I know a couple of tables in the database had to be repaired. We use a 64 bit Win2008K server running iis7 with php and MySQL.
In reply to Zbysiu Rodak

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
If you go here, then you may be able to get enough information to be able to repair your tables.
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Zbysiu Rodak -
Managed to resolve this problem by opening MySQL Administrator on the server, selecting the mdl_log table and running the Check Table option from the Maintenance button. I assumed that if a table was "faulty" it would be highlighted in red, as happened to me previously and I could simply use the Repair function from the Maintenance button. This wasn't the case this time but the Check Table function brought up some irregularities which have been corrected by running the Repair option. Thanks for all your help.