Backup /Import Not Working

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 5
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Backup /Import Not Working

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I take it you have Debugging turned up, just in case there are any more clues to be had.

Just a thought... you're not running out of disk space on your server are you?
In reply to Howard Miller

In reply to Deleted user

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There's a whole range of subtle reasons why this might not work. Here's just some I can think of, maybe others can add more:

* What OS is this? I'm never surprised when stuff doesn't work on Windows wink
* Are you specifying a zip binary (typically /usr/bin/zip) in the server paths settings? I would try it with and without just to see if there is a difference
* Are there any odd PHP restrictions in effect - the dreaded safe mode? Open basedir restriction?
* It could just be a permissions problem. Can you create a folder called 'backupdata' (if it doesn't already exist) in the course's files and can you upload files into that area?
* There's a temp file setting somewhere in php.ini - the directory it points to actually has to exist. This is more of a Windows issue I think.
In reply to Howard Miller

In reply to Deleted user

by Howard Miller -
You can start by looking at Site Administration > Server > PHPInfo.

This also tells you where the PHP configuration file lives (php.ini) - it's quite near the top. Exactly how this works on your server/host you would need to find out and it varies.