Get rid of # of courses on front page

Get rid of # of courses on front page

by Chardelle Busch -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers
This is sort of a theme question.  Does anybody know how I can get rid of the number to the right of the course category (that shows the number of courses available in each category) if I have my site front page set to show a list of categories. 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chardelle Busch

Re: Get rid of # of courses on front page

by N Hansen -
I'd take a look at index.php. I've been doing some modifications to my front page and I found that this file controls a lot of what is going on there.

by John Gone -
I take the easy way and just add this to my styles.php

.categorynumber {
color: #ffffff;
}

The number is still there, this just makes it invisible.

In reply to John Gone

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers

Hi n,

I had looked at index.php but really didn't know what to change there.

Thanks John,

That did the trick, I had thought of doing that but didn't figure out it was called category number.

Chardelle

by Ian Usher -

Hello! This thread seems quite old, and so I'm guessing refers to pre 1.5.n themes...

In the new theme structure, the classname for this appears to be

<td class="category number">etc. etc.</td>

Does the white space in the class name mean that it's not a valid identifier? I've tried to set display:none in a CSS rule to hide these but it's not having it - even after emptying the browser cache (both Firefox and IE) and refreshing...  I'm not sure if I should be entering a character code to cover the white space - but in my recollection, 'valid' CSS shouldn't have a space in the class name... is this an error in the CSS or on my behalf?

In reply to Ian Usher

by Andrew Walker -

Hi,

The space is valid, it is used to specify multiple class names on an element. So here the td has the class category and the class number smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andrew Walker

by Ian Usher -

[ker-ching sound of a large penny dropping]

Thanks... approve of course that's what it was! For about half an hour it just kept looking like a typo of category-number. Everything looks much more lovely (well, relatively) now...