Modified Administrator Role

Modified Administrator Role

by erika alarcon -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Testers

Hi!

I have the 1.9.3.+ (Build: 20081210) version of Moodle.

I created a new Administrator Rol for a person who only will see the user profile of the users.

In the Edit Role page, this rol has the "Allow" permission in:
   SYSTEM:
   moodle/site:sendmessage
   moodle/site:viewparticipants
   moodle/user:changeownpassword
   moodle/user:editownprofile
   moodle/user:update
   USERS:
   moodle/user:editprofile
   moodle/user:readuserblogs
   moodle/user:readuserposts

When a user with this role enter to the platform, can't see the Site Administration block, only the course list.

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to erika alarcon

Re: Modified Administrator Role

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What have you based this new role on? When you say "administrator" what else do you expect them to do apart from see the profiles of other users - (which regular teachers can do anyway)? If all they can do is the above then they will not be able to see the site administration block as there's nothing sitewide they could do. (I think)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by erika alarcon -
Picture of Testers

Hi Mary

I need a person who will supervise the students, the courses they are enrolled, the students access,  but this person will not see the courses neither the platform configuration.

I based the role in the Administrator role.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Khaison Duong -
Hi Mary, I want to make a role that can add new users without all the other admin abilities. Basically the situation is.. we are using moodle at the university and we want a secretary to create new accounts for students who come to register for our courses. However, we don't want a secretary, obviously, to be able to create courses, modify permissions, etc.