Teachers not listed as participants

Teachers not listed as participants

by Sally Brownlow -
Number of replies: 3

Hi  (and apologies if this is in the wrong topic),

Our students are unable to send messages to their teachers, as the teachers are not listed under 'Participants', only students are.

Is this determined by a setting somewhere? Is there another way for students to contact teachers?

Thanks, Sally

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sally Brownlow

Re: Teachers not listed as participants

by ben reynolds -
Hi Sally,

First, check that the teachers are enrolled on the site. Site Admin > Users > Accounts > Browse list of users and look for a few.

When you find a teacher, click on the name and look to see if the profile shows "Courses: SomeCourseName"

If no courses are listed, you can manually assign a teacher to a course. Go to the course. Administration > Assign roles > Teacher > search for TeacherName > select TeacherName > Add

It's a lot easier to add teachers via user upload. See Moodle Documents for more information.
In reply to ben reynolds

by Sally Brownlow -

Thanks Ben, but I don't think this is my problem.

The teachers are in the course correctly (ie. when we go to Assign Roles the teachers are in there), but when the students select 'Participants' from the Menu Block, the teachers are not included in the list - it is just a list of students.

Our students seem to have no way of even seeing who their teachers are, yet alone contacting them. I must be missing something really obvious!?  smile

Cheers, Sally

In reply to Sally Brownlow

by Sally Brownlow -

Thanks everyone .. I have worked out the problem ... it was because I hadn't done the next step of assigning the teachers to the Groups. 

Sorry!

Sally

Average of ratings: Useful (1)