Feedback - positioning

Feedback - positioning

by Mark Hudson -
Number of replies: 7
Just wondering whether the feedback to correct/incorrect answers to question pages could appear either in a new window or at the TOP of the screen, instead of at the bottom?

Pages are often big enough so that scrolling is necessary, and students have to scroll down to see whether they answered correctly and read any feedback.

I have had MANY questions about this from my students this year, who having answered a question page but then 'sit there' waiting because it isn't obvious that any feedback has been given!

I think it would be better if the response that a student sees is more obvious - a new window would be ideal, right in the middle of the screen.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Hudson

Re: Feedback - positioning

by Peter Seaman -
I strongly second that emotion! - feedback at the bottom off the page too frequently is missed. A pop-up window would be best, though students would need to know that they have to turn off the pop-up blocker (or allow pop-ups from Moodle). Thanks.

Peter
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Peter Seaman

by kaahwa paul -
ok thank you
but if you use not widows would it wor"k
In reply to kaahwa paul

by Mark Hudson -
Yes it would work without using a new window.

But the feedback needs to be more obvious to the student somehow - big & bold at the top of the screen maybe?

Mark
In reply to Mark Hudson

by Marty Jacobs -
We use the following hack on our University site to get around this issue:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=63702&parent=348520

This hack stops the entire page displaying, which effectively moves the feedback to the top of the page.

Let me know if you need any help with this.

Kind regards,

Marty

In reply to Marty Jacobs

by lambert famorca -
Hi,

I have a different requirement for the feedback part... Is there a way for the feedback to be presented at the end of the lesson? Much thanks..