The 'Jump to' Menu

The 'Jump to' Menu

by Brian Getsinger -
Number of replies: 2
I would like to add two instances of this, one on top and one on the bottom, however I am unable to pin point exactly where this is done.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Getsinger

Re: The 'Jump to' Menu

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Brian,

Do you mean by 'Jump To Menu' as having graphics / icons that 'jump to' specific bits of the course page?

If so, this is accomplished by using 'anchors'...

1. On the topic summary encapsulate the text with a '<a name="name">' tag.
2. Create a label to contain the table of linking graphics / icons.
3. On the graphic / icon you want to use encapsulate with a '<a href="#name">' tag.

Cheers,

Gareth
In reply to Brian Getsinger

Re: The 'Jump to' Menu

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Brian
If you mean duplicating the Jump to... menu at the bottom of the screen as well as the top of the screen this code is in the footer.html of the Theme. There is an if statement controlling when this (and the breadcrumbs) are displayed.

I'm no Theme expert so I'm hoping if I get this wrong someone with more knowledge & experience will post but I altered the footer.html to this and the menu was duplicated at the bottom of the page:

Original:
 if ($navigation and false) { ?>
 <div class="navbar clearfix">
 <div class="breadcrumb"><?php print_navigation($navigation); ?></div>
 <div class="menu"><?php echo $menu; ?></div>
 </div>
Removed the Breadcrumbs - although you could leave if you wanted these duplicated too.
 if ($navigation and true) { ?>
 <div class="navbar clearfix">
 <div class="menu"><?php echo $menu; ?></div>
 </div>
I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa

P.S. If you need clarification you might want to think about posting to the Theme forum.