Do the default scales come in Moodle 2.0?

Do the default scales come in Moodle 2.0?

by Teresa Gibbison -
Number of replies: 4
Hi there
We're testing out 2.0 and I see with a standard new install () there are no Scales. It's been a while since I've installed a clean version and would normally update an existing branch but wanted to see 2.0 without any of our changes, anyway... when I click Grades > Scales I see the following Warning (with debugging on) and no scales...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in sitename/lib/deprecatedlib.php on line 2362

Where are the default scales that I'm sure we've always had (Separate and Connected ways of knowing etc) or am I dreaming and we've just always had to create these???

Is anyone else getting this error?

Cheers
Teresa

Edit: I clicked 'Add a new scales' and received this debugging error and a 'Continue' button:

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The theme has already been set up for this page ready for output. Therefore, you can no longer change the theme, or anything that might affect what the current theme is, for example, the course.

Stack trace when the theme was set up:
  • line 825 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to moodle_page->initialise_theme_and_output()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to bootstrap_renderer->__call()
  • line 1089 of /lib/formslib.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->old_icon_url()
  • line 144 of /lib/formslib.php: call to MoodleQuickForm->MoodleQuickForm()
  • line 84 of /grade/edit/scale/edit.php: call to moodleform->moodleform()
Stack trace:
  • line 1174 of /lib/pagelib.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 524 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->ensure_theme_not_set()
  • line 1996 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to moodle_page->set_course()
  • line 5005 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to require_login()
  • line 119 of /grade/edit/scale/edit.php: call to admin_externalpage_setup()

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

Re: Do the default scales come in Moodle 2.0?

by Nicolas Connault -
Teresa,

I appreciate your eagerness to test 2.0, but I think it's a bit premature. This version is unlike any other so far, with very large sections of the code being completely rewritten to allow for new features and better stability. When the release date gets closer we will make a public announcement and invite the community to give a hand in testing.

Your report is noted though, and appreciated smile
In reply to Nicolas Connault

Re: Do the default scales come in Moodle 2.0?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Don't be so negative Nico. People should be aware that 2.0 is very rough at the moment, but it basically works, and we need to find the problems sooner or later.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Do the default scales come in Moodle 2.0? - Wanting to help with testing!

by Teresa Gibbison -
Many thanks for your support Tim
Am I to understand that the Scale error I am receiving is expected or are we missing something? I could not find a tracker item for this - should I create one?
Dean Stringer and I (University of Waikato, NZ) are very keen to help test and (where possible) contribute to any development. We have had a bit of development experience, if only a little smile
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

Re: Do the default scales come in Moodle 2.0? - Wanting to help with testing!

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think I fixed the theme setup thing. If not, file it in the tracker.