add block/turn editing on gone

add block/turn editing on gone

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Moodle 2.0 20090723 - I am the admin and I don't have the turn editing on button on the front page or the add blocks. Is it me? or is it Moodle? (sorry always have to preface my issues with "is it me?" because I'm never sure if I have missed something completely obvious!) I made a new user and assigned them as teacher on the front page but they didn't get turn editing on or add blocks either.EDIT: Curiouser and curiouser.. I go to add/edit courses where I can add a block and blocks editing is on - go back to front page and the add block has returned - and the editing is switched on for me even though there still is no button "turn editing on". If I log off and log in again though I am back to square one.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: add block/turn editing on gone

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is a casualty of the work-in-progress-ness of Moodle 2.0. Yes, the button is missing from some places that need it.

But, as you found, a work-around is to go to a place where you can turn editing on, and then go back to the other place, and Moodle will remember that you have editing on.

This will be fixed in due course, but is tied up in other changes.

Thank you again for your patience in testing Moodle 2.0 at this early stage.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: add block/turn editing on gone

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
That's fine -as long as I know it *should* be like that for the moment, I''m happysmile