Use only Quiz Module on my own webpage

Use only Quiz Module on my own webpage

by Matt Reisman -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,

I have Moodle 1.9.5 installed on my webpage and am thoroughly impressed with all of the options and and ease of use it provides. I am particularly intrigued by the Quiz module however, and as I am not creating my site for educational purposes, I would like to use just the Quiz module without any of the course attachments. I really like the format and template for creating quizzes (with the various multiple choice, fill in the blank, matching options), and the freedom of how to score the quiz, so I would like to just use that on my website and allow anyone to take it.

Ideally, what it would be is, instead of listing courses on the main page, just a list of quizzes, and a user who is logged in could just take any quiz on the page freely, and be ranked against everyone else who has taken the quiz. In the long run, this would likely be used for commercial purposes, and if Moodle can do what I need it to, donations will most certainly be made. big grin

-Matt
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Reisman

Re: Use only Quiz Module on my own webpage

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well you don't need to have the courses listed on the front page -if you go to front page>front page settings and take out the tick for courses/course categories when logged in/not logged in then it will not display them. Likewise you can take all the side blocks out if you turn the editing on on the front page. Then you can have a blank front page to do with as you wish.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Matt Reisman -
Thank you. I have tried and done that, and while it does give me the freedom to do what I want with the front page, it seems that for a quiz to exist, it has to be affiliated with a course, and for users to take the quiz they must also be enrolled (or, should I say, enroled wink) in that course. I simply just want a series of quizzes that can be taken freely by anybody who is logged in.
In reply to Matt Reisman

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It should work find if the quiz is on the front page. The studend does not need to enrol, but they do need to be logged in.

(You only need to say enroled if you are from Australia or the UK where they know how to spell wink You can download the American language pack if you like.)
In reply to Matt Reisman

by Ashish Namdeo -
Hello Matt
I was also searching similar thing to give the trial quiz to guest user.
But as moodle does no allow quiz module for Guest we have created our own code to create a random user and redirecting to the course quiz page.

Disadvantage of this code is that for each quiz attempt a new dummy user is created.

Ashish,
EddyTools (TM)
Anwesha Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd
http://www.eddytools.com