Image rollover effect in JCross/QuizPort

Image rollover effect in JCross/QuizPort

by Jim Ranalli -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Gordon,

I've created a JCross puzzle in which students have to scan dictionary examples in JPEG image form to find collocations that they then input into the crossword.

I was planning to just embed an image into the page for each clue using "Insert Picture from Local File" but I run into alignment problems when there are two clues for one number (e.g. 1 Across and 1 Down), as they appear on the same page.

Using Erik Bosrup's overLIB, I've been trying to create a rollover effect in which the dictionary-page JPEG appears when the student hovers the cursor over a key word, but so far haven't been able to make it work. I'm also concerned about using a Javascript solution that could interfere with QuizPort's functionality.

Any ideas?

Jim
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Ranalli

Re: Image rollover effect in JCross/QuizPort

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Jim,
sounds like a cool idea.

If you are adding rollovers using onmouseover events on words in JCross clues, then I don't think there will be a conflict with the JavaScript that Hot Potatoes and QuizPort use.

BTW, did you know that Moodle already has the overLib library available, "lib/overlib.js "? What's more, if you are using a standard Moodle theme then "lib/overlib.js" is included automatically for you approve

While developing, I suggest you get the JCross working outside of Moodle first, then try it with QuizPort.

all the best
Gordon