Gradebook

1.9.5 importing gradebook put override zeros in empty grades

Picture of Ellen Walker
1.9.5 importing gradebook put override zeros in empty grades

We are just starting up a huge new site (30,000+ students), moving over from Blackboard. We run an open entry/open exit program, so students are at all different points in the course. I uploaded a CSV file of my old grades into my new gradebook, but all the 'empty' grades loaded as zeros, so now everything has been overridden and I can't edit new, incoming assignments in the assignment page without going into the gradebook and individually un-checking each override box.
a) is there a way to tell my gradebook to uncheck every override box?
b) is there a way, when importing a gradebook, to avoid this problem to start with?
Elena
Re: 1.9.5 importing gradebook put override zeros in empty grades
Group Testers
Hi Ellen,
There is not way to do #1, this has to be done for every single grade and student individually. All 0/empty cells will indeed override your grades, and I do not know the way around that sad
The only thing - if you have an individual column/grade item that has all (or most) zeroes, I would not map it at all, and enter missing grades manually later.
Picture of Andy Cravens
Re: 1.9.5 importing gradebook put override zeros in empty grades

Ellen,

I fixed this the other day for you but thought I would post the solution in case someone else had the same problem...

Ran this SQL statement:

UPDATE mdl_grade_grades SET overridden = 0 WHERE overridden > 0 AND rawgrade is NULL AND finalgrade is NULL;