moodle:site/doanything

moodle:site/doanything

by tony chesney -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

When I add a moodletxt block, I get the error "Capability moodle:site/doanything was not found" and sure enough, I can find no reference to this capability. 

I am using moodle Moodle 1.9.4+ (Build: 20090506)

Thanks for any advice.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to tony chesney

Re: moodle:site/doanything

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Ah, that is a typo in the code of that block. The correct name of that capability is moodle/site:doanything (note the different punctuation).

However, a particular block almost certainly should not be referring to that capability. I wonder what it is really trying to do?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by tony chesney -

Thanks, that fixed the error.  I don't fully understand why, though, as there is also no reference to moodle/site:doanything in the capability list I see when I select the "Override permissions" tab and click on a role. 

In reply to tony chesney

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That is because it is a magic capability that only the admin role should have - therefore it cannot be configured.