10 Minute demonstration - please help!!!

10 Minute demonstration - please help!!!

by Lorna Baker -
Number of replies: 7
Hi folks

I have just discovered Moodle and I have to give a 10 minute presentation 'demonstrating how teaching staff could effectively deliver training using a VLE such as Moodle to improve the learning experience. Consider both the tools provided by VLE's as well as other tools outside the VLE Environment.'

I will have access to a laptop, a data projector and MS Powerpoint and have to take my presentation on a memory stick.

Moodle is MASSIVE and the more I ready the less I know what to include. I am really panicking! Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Lorna
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lorna Baker

Re: 10 Minute demonstration - please help!!!

by John Andrewartha -
Lorna,
Do you know how to down load/capture video? Realplayer! Do you know how to embed the flash stuff into a presentation? If yes to these then take a look at
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_presentations
there is also a english flash object there thats a couple of days old.
Good luck
John
In reply to John Andrewartha

by Lorna Baker -
Hi John

Thanks ever so much for your reply! I will certainly take a good look at these - they sound the business!

Thanks, too, for the good wishes,

Lorna
In reply to Lorna Baker

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Lorna. I replied to your other post with a suggestionsmile
In reply to Lorna Baker

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Is your audience the teaching staff you are trying to convince? If so at which level?

BTW, why have they only 10 minutes time?

Will it be 100% e-learning or is it blended learning (sort of additional electronic support in a conventional school)?

My suggesion is to go through a sample course in Moodle with them. You can install Moodle locally on your laptop or use a live system on CD or USB-disk.

Forget PowerPoint! I mean, why should you talk _about_ Moodle if you can show you _a_ Moodle?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Lorna

It is not done, that you discuss the same thing in another place http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=128372
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by John Andrewartha -
To ere is is to be human. The lady simply posted it the wrong forum.