Alignment of instructions in FindIt output formats

Alignment of instructions in FindIt output formats

by Jim Ranalli -
Number of replies: 4
Hi Gordon,

I want to use FindIt output formats for some JCloze exercises in my site but find when I do so, everything in the instructions div automatically goes from being center-aligned to left-aligned. This also happens with all other output options except the original JCloze.

Any idea what's going on and how I could fix it?

Cheers,

Jim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Ranalli

Re: Alignment of instructions in FindIt output formats

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jim,
sounds like some css in your Moodle theme is setting h1, h2, h3, h4 {text-align:left}

I can recommend the Firebug extension for Firefox as an excellent took to find out exactly what css is affecting what element on the page.

If you would like me to investigate, please send the url of the quiz. Either post it here or send it to me privately if you prefer.

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It seems that in normal JCloze output, the instructions are in a <div>
  • <div id="Instructions">
But in FindIt (b) output they are in a <p>aragraph:
  • <p id="Instructions">
The css contains the following rule:
  • p
    {
     text-align: left;
     margin: 0px;
     font-size: 100%;
    }

Which affects the <p> tag but not the <div> tag.

The solution will be to change the <p> to <div> in the FindIt output formats. Please give me a day or so to check that and then you can download the updated QuizPort zip file. I will let you know when it is ready.

thanks for reporting this
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Jim Ranalli -
Thanks as always for your hard work, Gordon.

Jim
In reply to Jim Ranalli

by Gordon Bateson -
hi Jim,

the latest version of QuizPort has modifications to fix the alignments of Instructions on Michael Rottmeier output formats, including FindIt. When you have a moment, please download it let me know if it fixes the problem you reported.

many thanks
Gordon